Do you keep a cat as a pet? If that’s the case, you’ve probably had a lot of fun with your adorable feline companion. If not, then have a look at the quotations below to learn more about cats.
Cats come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with some being extremely peaceful and quiet and others being highly active and energetic. However, they have one thing in common: their sweetness and joy will make you adore them unconditionally.
What are some funny quotes cat lovers? To show our appreciation for all varieties of cats, we’ve compiled a list of cat statements that cat enthusiasts will recognize and, more than likely, chuckle at because they’re so true.
30 Best Cat Quotes For Cat Lovers
Amusing quotations about cats
Do you pay attention to your cat’s behaviors or traits on a regular basis? Let’s examine whether the following quotes share any similarities with your assumptions.
1. “Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.” –Garrison Keillor
2. “It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens.” –Cynthia E. Varnado
3. “Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.” –W.L. George
4. “Cats are great teachers! Their teaching is very simple: You are too busy with life; give time to yourself!” –Mehmet Murat ildan
5. “The cat required far less attendance than a human child, which is one of the reasons why spinster ladies prefer felines to babies”. –Elizabeth Peters, The Mummy Case
6. “A kitten is the delight of a household. All day long a comedy is played out by an incomparable actor”. –Champfleury, The Cat Past and Present
7. “The key to a successful new relationship between a cat and human is patience.” –Susan Easterly
8. “If cats could talk, they wouldn’t.” –Nan Porter
9. “The only thing a cat worries about is what’s happening right now.” –Lloyd Alexander
10. “Cats have it all: admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” –Rod McKuen
11. “If cats could write history, their history would be mostly about cats.” –Eugen Weber
12. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” –Albert Schweitzer
13. “As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.” –Ellen Perry Berkeley
14. “Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.” –James Herriot
15. “Are cats strange animals or do they so resemble us that we find them curious as we do monkeys?” –John Steinbeck
16. “A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.” –Mark Twain
17. “A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution.” –Hazel Nicholson
18. “The cat is above all things, a dramatist.” –Margaret Benson
19. “When Rome burned, the emperor’s cats still expected to be fed on time.” –Seanan McGuire
20. “The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.” –Paula Poundstone
Heart-melting quotes about adorable kitties
Cats are noted for their gentle, luxurious and very calm lifestyle. However, they know how to share their delight with their owners when they are fortunate, as well as soothe and support them when they are unhappy.
Let’s have a look at some additional cat quotations that will melt your heart, in addition to the hilarious ones mentioned above.
21. “The nature of the universe probably depends heavily on who is the actual protagonist. Lately I’ve been suspecting it’s one of my cats”. –Wil McCarthy
22. “There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat.” –Tay Hohoff
23. “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” –Ernest Hemingway
24. “People who love cats have some of the biggest hearts around.” –Susan Easterly
25. “A kitten is, in the animal world, what a rosebud is in the garden.” –Robert Sowthey
Amusing quotes comparing cats and dogs
Have you ever made a comparison between mischievous dogs and elegant cats? They’re packed with inconsistencies that will make you laugh out loud. This is due in part to their species’ and personalities’ qualities, and in part to the environment in which they were nurtured.
Some people like dogs and place a higher value on them than cats, while others worship cats as a superior deity and strive to comprehend them.
So, let’s examine the following quotes to see if they are as accurate as you think. It’s all for entertainment purposes only; there are no purposely biased comparisons intended to incite dog and cat lovers to fight.
26. “Why do I prefer cats to dogs? I have never stepped in cat shit”. –Robert Black
27. “Dogs Kind Of Default To Making Friends Unless Provoked. Cats Seem To Default To Making Enemies Unless Convinced Otherwise”. –Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick, The 12 Cats Of Christmas
28. “Dogs Have Important Jobs, Like Barking When The Doorbell Rings, But Cats Have No Function In A House Whatsoever”. –W. Bruce Cameron, A Dog’s Purpose”
29. “Dogs own space and cats own time”. –Nicola Griffith, Hild
30. “Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God”. – Christopher Hitchens
I hope you appreciate our collection of the finest cat sayings. Cats are one-of-a-kind creatures with fascinating characteristics that will make an indelible effect on your heart. That is also why more and more people throughout the world keep pets, particularly cats! They are not only a companion for you but also a passion and source of pleasure, even though they may be tough to please at times, right? If you have a cat, I hope it brings you joy and memories. Let’s give a big hug to our adorable felines!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: